Wellness is becoming more aware of the choices you make for a balanced life. Wellness is the pursuit of continued growth and balance in the seven dimensions of Wellness. This week we will go through each one and learn how to take care of selves. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
We start with emotional health, which is an important part of overall health. Emotionally healthy people are in control of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They’re able to cope with life’s challenges. They can keep problems in perspective and bounce back from setbacks. You are able to acknowledge and feel the emotions but not be the emotions. Now always remember never to judge your journey with anyone else’s. Be kind to yourself. If you woke up this morning and just took a shower, I am proud of you, and even if you didn’t, I am still proud of you! Since this whole covid thing started, stress and doubt has been filling a lot of homes.
Remember these things:
You are loved, You are important, You are needed, You deserve rest, You deserve Peace of mind.
Having the ability to talk with someone about your emotional concerns and share your feelings with others. things you can do to stay on track:
- Saying “no” when you need to without feeling guilty
- Feeling content most of the time
- Feeling you have a strong support network i.e.
- Feeling good about who you are
- Sticking up for yourself
- Speaking your mind
Being emotionally healthy doesn’t mean you’re happy all the time. It means you’re aware of your emotions. You can deal with them, whether they’re positive or negative. Feeling stressed is normal and learning how to cope with stress is essential to being emotionally well. How each of us responds to stress is as individual as we are.
Check-in with yourself:
- Do you see stress as something you can learn from or something to avoid?
- Do you allow yourself to experience emotions, just as they are?
- Are you able to ask for help when you need it?
- Do you set clear boundaries with family, work, school, and friends?
- Do you allow yourself to feel the emotions you are feeling, or do you self-sabotage?
Be Positive: Focus on the good. Few things are all good or all bad. You’ll feel better if you look at the positive aspects of people, new experiences, meals, and everyday activities. Also, don’t be so hard on yourself!!! Everyone grows through hardships in life. Reach out for help and never be ashamed about it.
Physical Wellness promotes proper care of our bodies for optimal health and functioning. Being physically active is crucial to keeping your body in its top condition. A few proven benefits of physical activity are strengthened bones and muscles, reduced risk of disease and stroke, and more energy.
Understanding the relationship between your body’s physical health and mental health is crucial to develop balanced Physical Wellness. Physical Wellness is listening to and taking care of your body for optimal health and functioning. Taking care of your physical body will help you get through the stress of life.
Things to do for yourself:
- Drinking 8 cups of water a day
- Stretching every morning
- Eating a balanced meal every day
- Practicing safe sex
- Exercising 30 Min or more a day
Check-in with yourself?:
- Do you eat foods you enjoy, stay hydrated through the day, and listen to your hunger cues?
- Are you able to keep a consistent sleep schedule and get 7 hours of sleep/night?
- Do you move your body daily?
- How much water do you drink a day?
Be kind to yourself: In the internet age, Youtube has well over in the thousand at-home workouts. And even if you don’t have the time do what you can today and try again tomorrow. Keep moving forward; if you wake up the next day, there is your chance.
Check back in a few days!