I’m TOO pumped about this gratitude challenge!!!
Why? Mainly because I’ve learned that when you change your mental state into one of gratitude, you free yourself to be happy, make more, and progress. It’s this mental switch that turns off fear, disappointment, or sadness. And it turns on positivity, happiness, and a healthy spirit.
The beauty of it is you can choose to be grateful at any time. For example, let’s say you have a job and are up for a big promotion, but the advancement is given to someone else. Now instead of feeling happy or excited, you are sad. You feel like you should have worked harder or you lacked in something which isn’t the case. I have learned in life that when the universe has something for you, you will get it. If you’re focused on not getting the promotion and throwing yourself a pity party, you’re not going to get closer to either moving on and getting another job or waiting for something better to come along. But if you’re grateful for something, you’re more likely to get back on that horse and put in the effort to find your dream job.
For me starting a small business was scary. Even when you have full support, it’s hard not to have doubt. People are quick to want something for free but never buy. One thing I have recently started to do was give gratitude. I thank them for having an intrest and become grateful because I know that even though they didn’t buy, the universe is sending someone who will. When you replace doubt with gratitude, you get peace. When you replace prayer with worry, you get results. One big aha moment I had was realizing no matter how many bay leaves I burned, no matter how much manifesting I did. Everything is on divine (God’s) timing. You can not ask for something but not make space for it. You want love to come into your life but refuse to let go of bitterness or hate. You want peace but refuse to settle your mind. Life will always come full circle if you trust it.
Now, of course, you are wondering what some benefits are of gratitude, and I got you covered.
- Have a high quality of life. Focusing on the good makes you feel good, and results in you stop focusing on the bad that puts you in an awful mood. Choosing to be grateful relaxes you away from stress, makes your life more peaceful, and produces more rest.
- Improve life around you. Gratitude is contagious. You telling someone you’re thankful for them puts a smile on their face the rest of the day. They often feel good, so they pay gratitude forward to someone else. Then this person does the same. The act of gratitude becomes the catalyst that indirectly encourages strangers.
- Overcome adversity. Your self-esteem improves when you recognize the good in your life. So you become more optimistic about the future, even if your present reality isn’t so bright. This optimism leads to more action and positive results.
- Be healthier. The mind and the body are connected. Someone down on life most likely isn’t going to eat healthily, go to the gym, and live with energy because they don’t enjoy life. Living with gratitude gives you the strength to make the right decisions about health and nutrition. Plus, you get better sleep since you know everything is going to be ok. Make sure to drink your green juice and lots of water.
HOW TO SHOW GRATITUDE;
To the others;
- Mail a handwritten note or letter to someone.
- Give hugs – lots of them.
- Do a favor for someone.
- Provide encouragement.
- Give a genuine compliment.
- Share your skills.
- Celebrate their achievements, small and big.
- Perform a random act of kindness. Plan a Saturday doing something that someone in your life has always wanted to
- Tip 25% higher than you usually do at a restaurant
- Surprise your significant other with flowers
Whenever you feel sad or start to feel discouraged, try some of these tips.
- Journal three things you’re grateful for and why
- Give yourself an entire day to rest and relax
- Go on a walk and listen to your favorite music
- Take a hot shower light a candle and some incense then reflect on all your blessings ( be safe please)
- Compliment yourself after succeeding even the small ones
- Wake up each morning thankful for another day to live because someone did not.
- Compliment yourself after failing, for having the guts to try it
Lastly, whether it’s external or internal, gratitude comes down to a choice. You can choose to be grateful.
When you harness this power, it’s truly amazing, especially when you’re feeling down and out.
The magic ingratitude is that you get to decide your mood, and you become happier by practicing gratitude.
Now are you up for the challenge? Some good ways to start are simple. Every week begins the week by texting a loved one or anyone an encouraging message. You never know what someone is going through. Every day spend 1 hour doing something you love to do. From gardening to dancing, enjoy the little things. One of my favorite and final ways you can start this challenge is at night power down. Meaning 30 min to 2 hours before bed, turn your phone off, and say or write down three things that happened that you are thankful for. Think of different things every night. I find it helpful to keep a journal just for that purpose—each page for morning gratitude and night time.
When you take this challenge, you’re going to invest in your loyal friends’ and family’s relationships. You’re going to get an allotted time to do something you enjoy without feeling guilty about it.
A schedule I am following this is
Day 1; SELF-
For today, I started my day with gratitude and yoga. I also wrote this blog post, and for the rest of the day, I will be doing yoga again, then I am resting. Writing is a passion of mine. I am obsessed with bettering myself. It’s essential to take care of your body, mind, and soul.
Day 2; FAMILY
For today, I sent peace and love to all my family. You owner your ancestors by doing what you love. By staying focused and never giving up on your dreams.
Day 3; NOSTALGIA
For today, I choose to feel nostalgic about Trinidad and Tobago. A beautiful Island that has stolen my heart.
Day 4; PERSONAL SPACE
For today, my personal space I have gratitude for is my garden.
Day 5; HOBBIES
Day 6; NATURE
Day 7; ROUTINE
Check back tomorrow to read about how I am going to give gratitude.